Hurricane season is barely underway and we’ve already had strong waterspout/tornado activity on the Gulf. If you’re like most Floridians, hurricane preparation won’t begin until there’s a Category 2 on the way.
But this year is different.
Due to COVID-19, most of us (iVenture included) are still working from home. Chances are, we’ll still be working from home in July, August and even September.
If your company is like ours, you’ve had a business continuity plan in place for hurricanes. Has that changed with COVID?
No doubt more responsibility will placed on the employee since everyone is working from home.
Hurricane Preparation How-To
Fortunately, the same best practices that apply to businesses can be scaled down to individuals. If you’re researching the best hurricane preparation for technology, follow these guidelines:
1. Establish a communication plan
- Who’s going to be the main point person?
- How will everyone communicate (phone, email, IM?)
2. Inventory All Technology
- Record who has taken home equipment
- Don’t forget small things like headsets, keyboards and mouses
3. Back Up Data
- Use cloud storage
- Make sure offsite backup is working
4. Educate Team
- Explain surges, burnouts and other risks
- Suggest safest places to store tech in the home
5. Do a Test Run
- Select a handful of people from each department
- Identify potential problems
- Fix and test again
Start Hurricane Preparation Today
iVenture Solutions is an award-winning managed service provider delivering superior IT solutions to clients across Florida.
As a leading-edge IT firm for small and medium-sized businesses, we provide a diverse range of services covering the entire scope of IT including maintenance, support, hosting and more.
Through rapid response time, reduction of chaos and the right people, our expert team of IT professionals will fulfill your technology needs. At iVenture, we give you more time to do what matters most.